2 large onions, chopped
1/2 c vegetable oil
plenty of ginger, chopped finely
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 chicken thighs, skinned and boned
1/2 chicken breast, skinned and boned
6 green chilies, chopped coarsely
5 green onions, chopped
1/2 c water
1 tsp sugar
1/4 c soy sauce
1. Heat oil in a wok. Put in onions and fry until they are caramelized, stirring every so often.
2. While the onions are caramelizing, cut the chicken into bite size pieces. Coat each piece with corn starch.
3. Add ginger and garlic to onions and fry some more. When the onions, ginger and garlic are done, push them up to the sides of the wok to make room for the chicken.
4. Add chicken pieces to the hot oil. Fry until the chicken is brown and has crispy bits on the edges.
5. Stir onion mixture from the wok sides into the chicken. Add green chilies and green onion. Stir around just enough to warm the chilies and green onion.
6. Mix together water, sugar, 2 tsp cornstarch, soy sauce in a small bowl. Throw it into the centre of the wok. Remove from heat and stir sauce til thickened. Mix well with chicken and onions.
7. Serve with plenty of steamed rice and broccoli.